Intravenous Nutrition and Therapy
Vitamins and minerals are the “spark plugs” that activate all metabolic processes in our bodies. In times of stress and disease nutritional needs are high, yet often depleted. Nutrients administered intravenously, bypass the digestive process, and are delivered directly to the cells of the body. The main categories of intravenous therapy include:
- Nutritive – combination of vitamins and minerals supplement
- Chelation – removes heavy metals and/or minerals from the body
- Oxidative – stimulate the body’s oxidative capacities, which are required for energy metabolism, detoxification and immune function
Intravenous treatments are more effective than oral therapy for increasing blood levels of nutrients. Dr. Brazelia uses the highest quality nutrients and tailors all IV treatments based on individual needs.
What Are Some of The Nutrients Used:
- Vitamin B complex 100 (B complex)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5 (Dexpanthenol)
- Calcium (Calcium gluconate)
- Vitamin B12 (Hydroxocobalamin)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)
Conditions that may be improved with IV Therapy
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with or without Epstein-Barr virus
- Chronic depression
- Acute or chronic muscle spasm
- Migraine headaches- often within minutes
- Tension headaches
- Narcotic withdrawal
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Respiratory problems
- Acute of chronic asthma
- Cardiovascular disease
- Ischemic vascular disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Athletes who need quick recovery for athletic events
- Acute viral illness/colds
- Acute infections
What is the duration of Treatment?
Patients vary in the number of treatments needed, but most require infusions 2 or more times per week. Some patients experience improvement after only one treatment, and many report significant healing by the fourth infusion. People who have chronic conditions may need ongoing treatment of several IV’s per week, or periodically every few weeks to regain their energy.
Is It Safe?
IV Therapy is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive therapy that is well tolerated by most people. It carries a low risk of serious adverse side effects. if the protocol is administered quickly there may be a sensation of warmth and flushing. This is due to the rapid rise of magnesium. Some patients may also have the taste of vitamins in their mouth shortly after they are given the infusion.